Is your home ready for an update? Or does your space just need to function better? Here are some tips to help you give you home a makeover.
- Determine your needs: Figure out why your space needs an update. Do you need more storage? Is your furniture worn out? Knowing what you need will help keep you on track.
- Pick a new color palette: Whether you are adventurous or stick to the classics, choosing your color palette can help you narrow down the big world of design.
- Reuse: Look around your house, you may have some items you and reuse or re-purpose. There are tons of tips online on how to re-purpose items, like hanging a basket on the wall for storage.
- Think of function: Don’t buy something for your house because you saw it in a magazine. Before you buy, know where the item will go and what you will use it for. That way you won’t end up with a bunch of things you have not use for and are not cluttering up your house.
- Bare isn’t bad: A little bare space isn’t a bad thing, it can help to break things up. Don’t pack your bookshelves, leave a little space for a small sculpture or nick-nack.
Keep these tips in mind as you design your new space. Don’t forget that when you do any major improvements on your home to give us a call at RDS Insurance Brokers to update your homeowner policy.