Business Owners Policies
Though liability protection is crucial, most businesses need insurance coverage beyond what is offered in a basic general liability policy. For small and mid-sized business owners, RDS Insurance Brokers recommends a comprehensive business owners policy (BOP) to protect your business from the wide array of exposures it faces.
What are the advantages of having a BOP?
Purchasing a BOP simplifies your coverage needs by combining your property and liability coverages into one policy. It is a way to save your business money while also providing comprehensive coverage and protecting against a wider array of risks than typical commercial general liability coverage. Policies can also be specifically tailored to fit your business’s particular needs. Supplemental lines of coverage can be added to ensure complete and comprehensive protection.
What is included within a BOP?
- General liability – Provides protection against financial loss in the event of bodily injury or property damage.
- Commercial property – Provides replacement cost coverage for buildings, equipment, inventory, furniture and more.
- Professional liability – Protects against damages arising from improper rendering of—or failure to render—professional services.
What other coverages can be included in my BOP?
Additional BOP coverages may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identity theft
- Valuable papers and records
- Business income and extra expenses
- Employment practices liability
Unsure what lines of coverage your business needs? Contact the experts at RDS Insurance Brokers to see how a business owners policy can protect your assets. Call 800-609-2126 or fill out the form on this page for more information.