Here are some tips on how to have a clean and healthy house this February.
- Clean the air – Add some plants to your space to bring in more oxygen. Crack a window, even if it’s chilly out, just to let some of the stale air out and fresh air in. If your space needs more than clean air, try adding an air purifier.
- Start cleaning inside – After having our houses shut during winter we can get cobwebs in corners and dusty areas of walls or baseboards. Grab the vacuum and a sponge and clean the inside of your house.
- Change filters – Replacing filters on your heating and air conditioning units not only helps you get fresher air, but and help ensure units are running more efficiently.
- Safety Check – Check safety devices and update or invest in an emergency kit.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries if needed.
- Even fire extinguishers have expiration dates, so give them a check. If you would like more information on fire safety tips, check out the National Fire Protection Association’s website.
- Check through your emergency kits and replace or restock items as needed — be sure to include enough bottled water for all members of your household (at least 1 gallon per person per day for at least three days) as well as food and water
- Clean up to clean up – Spring cleaning is around the corner. Clean up you laundry area and get cleaning supplies organized before you start to deep clean this spring.
- Check your dams – If you live in snowy areas, check your roofs for ice dams to avoid damage to your roof.
- Planning a move – If you are planning to move this spring, start a list of repairs that need to be done. If you are selling a house it could be a long list so talk to a real estate agent about what will get you the most bang for your buck.
Don’t forget if you are planning a remodel this coming spring to update your homeowner policy. If you upgrade your house, then update your policy to make sure you have accurate coverage in case you need it.
Have questions? Give RDS Insurance Brokers a call at (909) 305-1200 to speak with one of our knowledgeable agents.