Construction projects, regardless of size, present many complex exposures that can be overwhelming for project owners. In fact, if an on-the-job incident results in construction delays or project downtime, the impact on overall project cost can be significant. Course of construction coverage (also known as builders risk coverage) is a type of property insurance designed to cover your property during the course of construction, renovation or repair. The experts at RDS Insurance Brokers understand the risks involved with construction and can help you find a builders risk policy that protects you and your assets.

Property Insurance vs. Builders Risk Coverage

Construction presents additional risks and responsibilities that property insurance is not designed to cover. Builders risk coverage is purchased by either the property owner or the contractor. However, it is recommended that all involved property owners are named in the policy. Coverage can also be extended to cover materials that are off-site, in transit or on-site prior to installation.

Course of construction coverage protects you against unforeseen accidents that include the following:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Explosion
  • Vandalism
  • Wind, hail or rain
  • Burglary and theft
  • Aircraft or car crash

If you are renovating or leaving your property vacant for 60 or more days, your regular property insurance coverage could be voided. Vacant properties pose a greater risk for vandalism, theft and weather-related incidents, and your basic property insurance policy is based on lower-risk scenarios. Contact the specialists at RDS Insurance Brokers to learn more about how we can provide the builders risk coverage you need.

RDS Insurance Brokers understands the intricacies of builders risk coverage and can work with you to create an individualized plan to meet your needs. Contact us by calling 800-609-2126 or by filling out the form on this page.

License #606461.