Home & Renters Insurance

Homeowners Insurance

Your home may be the biggest investment you ever make, and proper insurance coverage is paramount in ensuring that investment remains protected. Without it, you are vulnerable to significant financial loss due to property damage or liability exposures. Personal liability and property coverage, which are the two main components of homeowners insurance, will provide a safeguard. Personal liability coverage on a homeowners policy protects against a lawsuit if someone is injured, and property insurance protects you against structural, personal property damage and loss of use due to fire, burst pipes, theft or vandalism.

Renters Insurance

Not all homes are single-family houses. While you might not own the apartment in which you live, your personal property—including your furniture, clothing, electronics, jewelry and collectables—should all be protected under a comprehensive renters insurance policy.

Condominium Insurance

As the owner of a condo, your home insurance needs to fall somewhere between that of a homeowner and renter. While you may not need to insure the entire structure of your building, the interior of your unit is your responsibility—including the fixtures. Like both homeowners and renters insurance, you’ll also need to protect your furniture and personal property.

Mobile Home Insurance

Mobile home insurance policies should cover your mobile home and adjacent structures, such as patios, decks or sheds. Like homeowners insurance, your policy should safeguard against fire and windstorm damage and include personal property protection.

Remember that home insurance doesn’t cover flood or earthquake damage, and all policies have limits. Visit our Specialty page to learn more about supplemental flood, earthquake or umbrella insurance. Multi-policy discounts are available when you bundle coverage, so contact RDS Insurance Brokers at 800-609-2126 to learn more about how we can assist you with all your insurance needs.

License #606461.